Borders between Spain and Morocco are now open for passenger and all vehicles’ traffic
*Access to the port is subject to the presentation of tickets with fixed date and time of departure. Passengers who do not possess a valid ticket might not be able to enter to the port, as per the port authorities’ instructions.
1. To enter Morocco (travel Algeciras – Tanger Med)
All citizens and tourists have the right to travel to and from Morocco with a condition to present :
- A valid anti-covid-19 vaccine passport according to the requirements of the country of origin. The residents in Morocco (Moroccans and foreigners) must have a valid Vaccination Passport according to the national vaccination protocol.
- A negative result of a PCR test of less than 72 hours (time between making the test and embarking).
In addition, the Health Form should be properly filled-in – the shipping company should collect the health forms and give them to the health services on arrival to Tanger Med.
2. To enter EU territory (travel Tanger Med – Algeciras)
The sanitary control measures include the performance of a temperature control, a documentary control and a visual control of the physical condition of passengers.
These controls must verify that all passengers boarding for Spain comply with the following:
- Temperature control: It will be carried out in order to identify travelers with a fever. A temperature detection limit equal to or greater than 37.5 ºC is established.
- Documentary control: All passengers should be in possession of one of the following certificates. The presentation can be made on paper or by means of QR for reading by compatible applications in the case of EU certificates or equivalent.
a) EU Digital COVID Vaccination Certificate or equivalent confirming that the holder has received a complete vaccination schedule against Covid-19. The date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccine schedule must be prior to 14 days from the start date of the trip. This certificate is valid for 270 days. From that moment on, the certificate must reflect a booster dose, with the exception of vaccination certificates for those under 18 years of age, which will continue to be valid after those 270 days have elapsed.
b) Diagnostic test certificate confirming that the holder has undergone a negative diagnostic test. Certificates with negative PCR or other molecular nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) performed within 72 hours prior to departure or rapid antigen detection test certificates performed 24 hours prior to departure will be accepted as valid .
c) Recovery certificate. Certificates issued by the competent authority or by a medical service with a minimum of 11 days after the first diagnostic test with a positive result will be accepted as valid. This certificate is valid for a maximum of 180 days.
It is reported that any third-country national who does not meet the health control requirements for Covid-19 may be denied entry for public health reasons.
Excluded from these controls are minors under 12 years of age.
If any passenger with symptoms compatible with Covid-19 is detected during the voyage, they will be isolated on board and a Sanitary Control established by the Port Authority will be notified for their assessment by the health personnel of said control and the performance of a rapid detection test of antigens. If this test is positive, the communication will be carried out immediately by the a Sanitary Control of the Port Authority to Foreign Health, which will dictate and coordinate the subsequent actions to be followed.
Furthermore we kindly remind you that we have implemented the e-ticket and WEB CHECK-IN as it is an easy, efficient and environmentally friendly way to receive the tickets.